At Highland Park Community School, the uniform dress code is a part of our school culture. We believe that wearing a uniform helps to distinguish who we are as empowered leaders and bold thinkers. Research shows that a school uniform increases school safety by minimizing disruptive behavior, instilling and improving discipline, and helping maintain the focus on learning. Respecting the school dress code will build school spirit and decrease the unhealthy completion involving fashion trends.
Highland Park Community School’s uniform apparel is
exclusively sold at the school, excluding Black khaki bottoms
which can be purchased at Cookie’s, Ideal or any
children’s clothing store. You will be given an order
form to purchase gym uniforms & school hoodies.
The Highland Park Community School Uniform is as follows:
- Every student must wear a polo shirt with the Highland Park Community School embroidered logo. 6th/7th graders have Royal Blue shirts, 8th graders have Black shirts. All students have the option of short or long sleeves.
- Students are to wear Black khaki colored pants. Girls have the option of wearing a skirt that is knee length or longer in addition to pants. Anything above the knees is in violation of school policy. Boys’ pants are to be worn at the waist.
- Students are allowed to wear the sweats, shorts, and t-shirts with the printed Highland Park Community School logo. Sneakers are to be worn to participate in physical education for your safety. Flip-flops, Slippers or Crocs are unsafe and not allowed as proper foot gear.
- Students may wear long sleeve shirts and sweaters UNDER their polo shirts or school sweaters.
- Students are not allowed to wear hoodies over their uniforms unless it is hoodie with the printed Highland Park Community School logo.
We expect that our scholars wear the school uniform and respect the dress code EVERYDAY.
|Uniform Polo Shirt|
|Gym Crew – Neck Sweater|